US- Africa Synergy was founded in April 2011 with the mission to champion sustainable partnerships between the United States and Africa to enable economic, cultural, and social exchanges among Africans and Americans. To fulfil our Mission we hosted The first “US-Africa Economic Meetings” in New York City at the Dodge Grace hall, Teachers College, Columbia University on Friday, November 18th, 2011 with main theme ” Engaging the U.S. for Investments in Africa”. This forum Brought together business leaders, college students, the civil society, decision-makers, American chambers of commerce networks, students of business schools and non-governmental organizations in the effort to lay the ground for actions able to trigger a sustainable economic partnership between the United States and African Countries. We envisioned an enduring and collaborative partnership between Africa and the United States.
US-Africa Synergy champions sustainable partnerships between the United States and Africa and equips Africa’s youth with requisite skills, tools, and knowledge to overcome socio- economic barriers and reach their full potential.
- Enhance the flow of exchanges between the United States and African countries to achieve economic prosperity for both entities.
- Equip African youth with skills to succeed in their academic, personal, and professional endeavors.
- Empower women and promote girls’ education.
- Uphold the African Culture to provide tangible elements of identification to African youth in the global village.
OUR PROGRAMS & ACTIVITIES:
US- Africa Economic Meetings (USAEM):
Launched in November 2011, This forum brings together business leaders, college students, the civil society, decision-makers, American chambers of commerce networks, students of business schools and non-governmental organizations in the effort to lay the ground for actions able to trigger a sustainable economic partnership between the United States and African Countries.
African Women LEAD Program (AWLEAD):
Launched in March 2012, the Leadership, Entrepreneurship, Advocacy, Development Program for African Women is a 12-week rigorous training, that helps young women of African Descent aged between 18 and 25 to gain access to Life and professional skills, Career Guidance, Knowledge and Networks to meet their personal goals and aspirations while effectively contributing in Africa’s Development.
US-Africa Synergy Immersion Series (USASIS):
Through the US-Africa Immersion Series, US-Africa Synergy organizes visits to prominent institutions in the United States every year with a selective group of young African visionaries. On these visits, participants have the privilege to further educate themselves on the operating process of hosting Institutions, learn on the management style and explore career opportunities.
The program’s goals are to:
- Expose young African women and men to a wealth of information and knowledge in order to increase their professional network, stimulate their personal development, enhance their self confidence and strengthen their career growth.
- Nurture the career endeavors of young African women and men in reputable and international institutions.
African Cultural Evening (ACE):
A Platform to promote the Beauty and Diversity of the African Culture in the U.S . This Platform also enables US-AFRICA Socio- Cultural exchanges.
The African Youth Academy for Good Governance (AYAGG):